St. Aloysius Primary school was started in
1902 by Fr. Louis Van Hock s.j. It was started
in a small village type building in St. Anneís
Convent compound with two teachers. Later when
Fr. Ed. De. Moulder s.j. was the headmaster, the
middle school building was constructed as the
number of students had gone up. The primary
school received recognition from Ranchi
municipality on 15 April 1936 and the middle
school was recognized from 1-1-1949. In those
days St. Johnís was the only high school for the
Cathaolic boys. There was a lot of pressure from
the guardians section. But despite the refusal
by the authorities to give permission Fr.
Aloysius de Raat s.j. put up a four room school
building and opened class VIII.
Area of school spread over a large 2.76 acres of
St. Aloysius School has devoted
itself for the service of the people of
Chhotanagpur, specially the underprivileged and
poor and working for their upliftment, guiding
the youth and making them aware of various
aspect of their life.
To give the latest knowledge as time demands to
increase the moral of the student so that they
can be a good citizen.